For many of us, our home is our safe space. For many children in under-served communities, safety is often found in spaces outside of their homes. During a time in which children do not have access to schools, surf therapy or youth coaches, Waves for Change recognises its duty of care to continue reaching those children with child-friendly mental health services.
Because of the circumstances we find ourselves in, Waves for Change is translating 10 years of surf therapy experience, resources and research into a remote delivery programme through our network of skilled youth coaches in communities.
We are requesting funds toward the following adaptations of our surf therapy programme:
- R250 (monthly) towards internet data for youth coaches, who need to deliver a reliable remote service to children in the programme
- R400 towards food boxes for families of children in the programme
- R640 towards a telephonic debrief psychologist (cost per month)
- R1,500 towards one-on-one mentorship for surf coaches (cost per month)
We urge those who are still in a position to do so, to please support our work by making a financial contribution or signing up as a monthly donor to help ensure our sustainability in delivering crucial services at a vulnerable time for those recovering from trauma or living with mental health challenges.
Other ways to get involved:
- Follow us on social media for mental health updates
- Share this campaign
- Create a fundraiser to inspire and motivate your friends
- Get your employer on board