Opportunity closing date:
Thursday, 30 March, 2017
Employment – Monitoring, Evaluation & Learning Director
Lead the 2017 Laureus Sport for Good winner as they bring surf therapy to South Africa and beyond. As the South African MEL Manager you will guide the data collection and collation process at W4C sites across South Africa. You will use the data to build internal and external reports that shape the design of W4C programming, inform W4C funding grants, and advocate for the use of surfing as a tool for social change.
‘Waves for change’ – a surfing programme that provides psychosocial support to at-risk youth through a network of trained community coordinators. Waves for Change is part of Isiqalo Foundation, a CBO (community based organisation) founded in March 2011 well known for using sport for development. Isiqalo Foundation seeks to appoint a South African MEL Manager, based in Muizenbergm Cape Town. Focus: Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning.
Supervisor: Waves for Change SA Director
Salary and Benefits: Competitive salary based on experience. Provident Fund.
As Waves for Change MEL Manager, you help Waves for Change consolidate the collection and evaluation of data across existing Surf Therapy programmes in Cape Town, East London, Port Elizabeth and Harper, Liberia.
You work on the ground to train programme staff to collect data sets, and analyze using your experience of programme monitoring and evaluation. You work with the W4C MEL Director to refine existing tools to track fidelity to programme design, and impact of programming on children, mentors and community. You manage the deployment of data tools, collection & storage of data, and evaluate data to pick out trends and impacts that influence programme design and funding applications.
You have experience collecting data in areas that offer little internet and in multiple languages. You understand existing systems to store and analyse data and are adept at building dashboards and reports to present impact in a simple way that informs internal learning and external advocacy.
You work closely with W4C’s Programme Manager and MEL Director to communicate learning internally to staff and externally to funders.
Brief review of key responsibilities:
- Refine existing data collection tools
- Train W4C team to use tools and collect data
- Manage and support data collection
- Manage storage of data
- Develop dashboards to track weekly attendance, home visits, 1:1 mentoring sessions
- Develop mid-year and end of year reports for internal learning looking at pre/post data and interviews
- Manage W4C reports to funders.
- Work with W4C MEL Director to design internal trials to evaluate impact of W4C
- Lead weekly internal meetings to reflect on programme delivery and fidelity
- Develop monthly learning blogs for sharing in Sport for Development sector
- Develop twice annual presentations for sharing at conferences on Sport for Development, Mental Health & Wellbeing.
- Excellent organization and communication skills
- Ability to deliver on a deadline as part of a team
- Strong command of MS Excel and Powerpoint or similar software
- Experience in MEL / Data Analysis
- Formal qualifications (Masters+) in MEL, Org Psych, favorable.
- Knowledge using existing data tracking tools in the sector.
To apply, submit a CV and an example of an report/analysis YOU HAVE WRITTEN to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Learn more about us at www.waves-for-change.org