Where We Work
Waves for Change is based in ocean-side communities experiencing high levels of community violence and that lack of community resources to meet the developmental needs of children and young adults who present with behaviour or learning problems.
At present Waves for Change runs 3 sites in Cape Town, South Africa.
The 3 sites were chosen following extensive community based research and consultation with local community members, NGO’s, CBO’s and local government.
- Weekly reach is 50
- Positions of employment is 4
- Launched In: July 2012
- Services offered: Surf Therapy, Home Visits, School Visits, Social Worker, Soup Kitchen, Child and Youth Care training, Homework Support.
- Weekly reach: 160
- Positions of Employment Created: 10
- Lavender Hill
- Launched In: August 2014
- Services offered: Surf Therapy, Home Visits, School Visits, Social Worker, Soup Kitchen, Child and Youth Care trainin
- Weekly reach: 60
- Positions of Employment Created: 4